What is Curriculum Night? Curriculum Night is a chance to spend a few hours in your student’s shoes. You will enjoy the experience of following your student’s schedule through the day, starting in 1st period and ending in 6th period.
In each classroom, the teacher will introduce themselves, the goals and plans for the year, and take general Q&A if time remains (if you have questions specific to your student, the school asks that you connect with the teacher directly at a different time). After 10 minutes, we will let everyone know it’s time to switch classes and you move on to the next period. Keep an eye out for other parents as you do–you’ll get to see who your student bumps into during passing time.
Who’s invited? The intended audience for Curriculum Night is parents and caregivers, though some teachers invite their students to come help (which is cool).
What other details do I need to know?
- Bring your student’s schedule (including room numbers) with you.
- Plan to be there for the whole duration (if possible) to hear from all the teachers.
- 6th Grade families (and any families who are new to Hamilton) have a special orientation in the gym 30 min before Curriculum Night where Principal Marshall will talk more generally about Hamilton and introduce key staff.
How is the PTSA involved?
The parents of from HIMS PTSA look forward to meeting you at Curriculum Night. Look for our table and stop by to find out more about what we are working on for our kids & school community this year! PTSA Members will be on hand to answer questions and help with email and membership sign-up.
What is the schedule?
- 6th Grade and New Family Parent Meeting — 6:00 – 6:30 p.m. (gym)
- 7th & 8th Grade Parent Arrival – 6:25 pm to 6:30 pm
|Period 1:||6:35 pm to 6:45 pm|
|Period 2:||6:50 pm to 7 pm|
|Period 3:||7:05 pm to 7:15 pm|
|Period 4:||7:20 pm to 7:30 pm|
|Period 5:||7:35 pm to 7:45 pm|
|Period 6:||7:50 pm to 8 pm|